Sunday, August 29, 2004

It takes two to mango

On Friday Witho and I had the cheek to order poppadoms and chutneys with our delivery of curry. Of course the people who had to put up with our audacity in this respect simply ignored the outrageous claim. Then when I phoned and asked where they were and could they send them round they tried to fob me off with a twenty percent discount next time but either we would have to go without this time or we would have to go round and get them from the curry house. After all we had just ordered it for delivery so we were clearly very keen on going out to pick up errant curry-based products at the time and definitely not on eating them either there or then, because that would have been just plain ridiculous. After all, who wants to eat poppadoms without chutneys? Service, schmervice, that is what I say. So, like goons, we rushed down to the curry house to get them. I really wanted to give them a piece of my mind (though obviously not my chutneys, what with not having any and all that) but held back. After all I wouldn't want to promise to withhold our future custom from a curry house we had not yet sampled. Just as well, as it was actually quite nice, if a touch cooler than we wanted when we actually got back to our rapidly cooling poppadoms. So, if that was the question these so called curry service providers were asking...

...this was the answer! Posted by Hello
Witho and I decided that some emergency chutney would be in order. Yee-hah!

0 Comments:

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com