Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Last day at school

Today is my last day at my current school. It has been a good four years and I will miss many of thet staff and pupils. I went for the last fry up at the local greasy spoon today and was delighted that the old one, to which I have got quite attached in spite of its annoying recent tendency to be closed or not have a chef when needed, was open and provided exactly the mass of lard I was looking for to fortify myself for the last day of what has at times been quite a trying year, what with OFSTED  and the unexpected post-OFSTED push just when we were all hoping for a bit of a rest. I will miss the feeling of fighting on the frontline against ignorance and barbarism and the occasional victory, like when you hear a favourite pupil talking about going into teaching or when someone you once thought had no chance going off to University. I think that sort of expectation will be par for the course at the new place and I will have to do far more to get that fleeting sense of victory, though the daily grind should be a bit less onerous. Apologies for lack of regular posting recently and for a bit longer but we are in the process of sorting out our move to Taunton and it's taking up alot of our time.

0 Comments:

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com