Sunday, July 11, 2004

Fahrenheit 9/11

Yesterday Witho and I went to see Fahrenheit 9/11. It was one of those films that changes you and made me come out of the cinema in Camden with a lot of thoughts racing through my mind. For the first time ever I felt that I had to post straight away. I wrote down my thoughts as we drove away and I will record them here.

Fahrenheit 9/11. Queensryche. Operation Mindcrime. Turmoil. New World Order needed. Selfishness. Bush . Bush junior. Cheney. Powell. Rice. Bin Laden. Afghanistan. Iraq. Corruption. Rich poor divide. Military service. Sacrifice. Greed. Money. Dimpled chads. Electoral system not working. Status quo perpetuated. Need something else. Must do something. Blair's role? America deceived. Britain innocent? Michael Moore - where is the British equivalent? Party politics. What do we do? Surely capitalism must have failed if this has really happened. Class war? Communism? Contact Michael Moore. Fear caused by American government. Bush's apparent incompetence. Freedom. Rights. Bin Laden family allowed to escape when all other flights were banned. "Rich man's war, poor man's blood" - slogan on wall near Blackhorse Road station really made me feel like the world was thinking what I was thinking.

I don't know what to do. I have felt utterly disillusioned with party politics in this country for ages and this film just made me feel more this way. Can't these evil, selfish men be made to pay? Is nobody able to do anything? Well, I am now listening to Operation Mindcrime. I suppose that is as close to doing something as I am likely to get for a while and it makes me feel a bit better.

0 Comments:

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com