Monday, January 23, 2006

These boots

I take a football option at school on Mondays and Wednesdays and have just worn out a pair of Adidas boots. I tried replacing the studs but I had worn them for just long enough that it was not physically possible. I chucked the boots out and decided to get a new pair as soon as possible because the plastic moulded studs on my Nikes were not giving me enough grip on the field. I went arse over tit the other day and that was the last straw. So this weekend GF and I went to Exeter and I planned to purchase a replacement then. More fool me. I went to a shop in Exeter where I had successfully bought things before. Little did I realise the difference between purchasing a United shirt that requires no effort on the part of the 'sales assistants' and a pair of boots which require them to actually go and get the things out of the store in the right size. So I asked an assistant to get me a pair of Adidas boots in a size 11, nothing too fancy, just kind of old school boots. Red, white and black. Five minutes later I am still standing in the same spot and I see him somewhere else talking to another customer. In the end I have to go over to him to ask him whether they had any. He said no. Why did he not come and tell me? How was he assisting their sales, the gormless twat? In a bit of a temper I flounced out of the shop. How difficult can it be to buy a pair of fucking football boots? Err, quite difficult, it would seem. And there's more...

We then went to another place to get the boots. I went and looked at them and saw some that I liked. then I had to wait ages for the arsistant to come and talk to me and again before she came back to say they didn't have them in an 11. Then we did exactly the same thing again. In frustration I decided then to ask what size 11s they did have so I could choose from them and she brought me back three pairs of boots in a size 11. Three in the whole shop! One did not fit and the ones that did fit I hated the colour of. I want functioning boots. I know I am not good enough to wear the silver boots I now have. I am not Christiano Ronaldo - John Smith might give me a run for my money!. The thing that really pissed me off was that these boots did not even take screw in studs, so when they do wear out I will have to buy a whole new pair. Why? Is it because the boot manufacturers have realised that they can make more money this way? It would not surprise me. Wankers!!!!
I will be putting a photo here. Decide for yourself.

0 Comments:

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com