Monday, January 16, 2006

Sacrifice unto Sebek

It was early. I was just getting ready for school. We were expecting the decorator to arrive. I was just finishing my shave in front of the TV when the first chords of evil ground out. A scatophagous grin crept across my face. This song was special. Depraved, brutal but special. They were only a three-piece and there was no bassist. They didn't need one. The noise they made was enough to wake the dead. Insane double bass drumming pounded out. I felt a pressing need to hit things until they made loud noises. 7.15 am rarely seems like the time or place for this. A semi-balding countenance, long, curling hair where the follicles allowed, an unshaven jaw and a cherry sunburst Explorer copy. On the other side a head of very pale blond hair banged away above a Flying V with a strange headstock. The obscure images of Egyptian hieroglyphics scattered throughout the video made me wonder what the song was about. It sounded nasty. I smiled again.

0 Comments:

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com