Monday, October 25, 2004

Going over to The Dark Side

I have finally realised that I will never be a Jedi Knight. I give in to anger and frustration too much. For example, I have recently decided to invest in contact lenses because I am getting sick of using my inability to see as an excuse for not being able to hit the ball properly when I play tennis. So I got the lenses but found them very difficult to put in. The optician put them in for me the first time. Then what? Well, I couldn't get them out! I took several hours of howling frustration trying and got what I thought was one and a half of them out but had to give up on the last half because it looked as if I had torn that lense in my efforts to remove it. In the end it turned out not to be there, as I discovered when I went back to the optician like a pathetic schoolboy the next morning. I came to put some more in today and once again the rage at my inability to do this came back with a vengeance. The stupid thing is that I seem to get more angry the more beyond my control the thing in question is.

The other irritation recently was my boxers which took offence at being required to stay up as I was walking to the supermarket today. It really was annoying feeling them sliding as far south as they could manage until they got lodged against the gusset of my trousers. Obviously I wanted to pull them up as I was going along and not being able to do so because of all the other people on the road just added an extra dimension of annoyance. The whole experience gave a truly disconcerting sensation of being naked as I was walking down the street.

0 Comments:

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com