Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Music

I am going to start with music today as I feel that it is important. I love music of all kinds but the type that I prize above all others is Evil, as Witho knows it, or Heavy Metal as the rest of you may know it. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of oddities in my taste which go completely against this simple statement. I started off with Duran Duran and as Dear Witho readers know, I still like them. I think I am part of a generation of metal listeners who are not afraid of having other inflences, as can be seen in the influence of 80s pop on nu-metal - Korn said Duran Duran were a prime influence on them and Limp Bizkit do a George Michael cover. However, all told, my favourite metal is mid 80s to early 90s power/speed/thrash metal. Favourite bands include Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Vicious Rumors and Savatage. I also like widdly guitar music, especially Joe Satriani. The reason for today's post is that an old friend of mine may be coming to Download with me at the weekend and I have just been reading some of the Evil music press. It doesn't matter what you think of metal, please just put say what your favourite music is, preferably a few different answers. The thing I like most about music, like books or films, is its ability to take me away from here and take me into someone else's world. I like atmosphere. Metal also allows me to exorcise the violence inside myself and get it out of my system in such a way that it is not part of my normal life. Anyway, that's my first real post, I hope you have a lot to say too!

0 Comments:

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com